I have always been a fan for cheesy delicacies. Being in a health-conscious environment, I tend to make less of those for sure. This time I had no time to post during festivals, but here I am back with a cheese recipe with wheat flour instead of common white flour.
Wheat Flour – 1½ cup
Semolina – ½ cup
Grated Mozzarella Cheese – ¾ cup
Grated Processed Cheese – ¼ cup
Diced Onions – 2 tbsp
Boiled Corn – 2 tbsp
Diced Capsicum – 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
Refined Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Mix the wheat and semolina flour in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp of refined oil.
- Make a tight dough of the mix with the help of water.
- Keep it to rest.
- In another mixing bowl, add the cheese.
- Add capsicum, corn, and onions to the mix.
- You can add any other vegetable of your choice as well ( Avoid tomatoes )
- Add 2 big tablespoon of mayonnaise in the mixture.
- Add the salt to taste and pepper accordingly.
- Mix well.
- Lay out the dough and start spreading in form of a roti ( not too thin)
- Cut rectangular stripes from the dough.
- Fill generous amount of filling in between
- Seal the edges with the help of water.
- Use a fork to make a design on edges.
- Make all the pockets the same way.
- Heat the oil to medium and fry 2-3 cheese pockets at a time depending on the size of your vessel or wok.
- Fry to medium brown and take them out on a tissue paper to soak excessive oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup.